My Life Handmade understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, us.mylifehandmade.com (“Our Site”). We will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information About Us
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- Your Rights
- the right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- the right of access to the personal data We hold about you;
- the right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to be forgotten (i.e., the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you);
- the right to restrict (i.e., prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- the right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to reuse with another service or organization);
- the right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 13 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- What Data Do We Collect?
Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following personal data:
- email address;
- date of birth;
- business/company name;
- contact information such as billing address, delivery address, fax and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as preferences and interests;
- financial information such as bank account and card payment details;
- browsing behavior such as viewed products and products added to a cart; and
- IP address. (An IP address is a unique string of numbers that identifies a computer or device over the internet. In order to protect against fraudulent purchases, We collect your IP address whenever you place an order.)
Children’s Personal Information—We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g., by subscribing to emails) or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- providing and managing your Account;
- providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- personalizing and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- emailing automatic order updates after you place an order;
- emailing automatic personalized content based on your browsing behavior (e.g., viewed products or products added to cart);
- supplying Our products to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- personalizing and tailoring Our products for you;
- replying to emails from you;
- supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt out at any time by contacting Us);
- market research; and
- analyzing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience; and
- Internal record keeping.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or mail with information, news and offers on Our products. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights.
Please note that We do not control the activities of third parties whose content appears on Our Site nor the data they collect and use. We advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time and to request that We delete it.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Different retention periods apply for different types of data; however, the longest We normally hold personal data for is 6 years.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5 and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
For residents of the European Economic Area (EEA): Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area. You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EU and under Data Protection Legislation. Our transfer of personal data to the US is under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Do We Share Your Data?
We may share your data with other companies in Our group. This includes Our holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These products and services may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations and the obligations of the third party under the law.
We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymized and will not include any personally identifying data or any anonymized data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data (for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings or where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order or a governmental authority).
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
- How Can You Control Your Data
When you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt out of receiving emails from Us, which you may do by unsubscribing to emails using the links provided in Our emails, at the point of providing your details and by managing your Account).
- Correcting, Updating and Removing Personal Information
If your personal information changes or is incorrect, please contact Us so that We can maintain the accuracy and completeness of this information. In the event that you provide personal information on Our Site and later wish to have this personal information removed, please contact Us in any manner below, and We will remove this information immediately.
You have the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
You can contact Us online; or
- You can send mail to the following postal address: 25862 Commercentre Dr., Lake Forest, CA 92630; or
- You can email Us at email@example.com
To protect your privacy and security, We will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
For California Residents Your Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive: a) information identifying any third party company(ies) to whom We may have disclosed, within the past year, personal information pertaining to you and your family for that company’s direct marketing purposes; and b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. To obtain such information, please Contact Us.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site, you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
We will show you a range of relevant advertisements on social media using pixels and cookies, as well as specific services offered by social networks, such as the Facebook Custom Audience tool.
- Contacting Us